NATIONALLY RECOGNISED TRAINING
APPROVED ONE DAY COURSE!
ENSURE YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO IN A MEDICAL EMERGENCY!
VAST Academy delivers the national accredited HLT07 Health Services Training package statement of attainment in first aid:
HLTFA311A Apply First Aid
This course covers the theory and practical aspects of first aid that are required under the provisions of the Work Health and Safety Act.
Prior to commencing the course a distance learning workbook must be completed.
Duration: 830am - 5pm
Call us for a quote on In-House training for your organisation.
0830-0845 Introduction and Administration
- First aid and the law
- Principals of first aid
- Emergency action plan
- Communicatable diseases
- Cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
1000-1015 Morning tea break
- CPR Practical Assessment
- Examiniation of the casualty, primary and secondary assessment
- Basic Human Anatomy and Function
- Control of bleeding
- Management of a shocked casualty
1215-1245 Lunch break
- Management of fractures
- Management of soft tissue injuries
- Management of burns and scalds
- Management of eye injuries
- Management of chest injuries
- Management of heart problems
- Management of head injuries
- Management of a stroke victim
- Common medical problems
1445-1500 Afternoon tea break
- Management of environmental exposure
- Management of poisons
- Management of bites and stings
- Bandaging practical
1600-1630 Theory Examiniation
1630-1700 Closing administration